We REMAIN OPEN providing eye care for patients, prioritising emergency and essential care in line with current guidance from the NHS & Government and the ‘Amber’ guidance issued by the College of Optometrists.
As a provider of ‘primary eye care’ we are classed as an essential service by the Government and Opticians premises are classified as ‘essential retail’. Under the third national lockdown introduced in England in early January 2021 people can leave their homes to attend medical appointments including Eye care appointments.
The Amber guidance is that we should continue to carry out essential or emergency eyecare but that we should defer routine appointments (e.g. regular / non urgent eye tests) for the next few weeks.
By mid February 2021 most of our older and most vulnerable people should have had their Covid 19 inoculations (and our Practice / Optical staff should also have been inoculated). The ‘R’ number should be falling by then also.
- If you have an eye problem we can book an eye examination
- If you need (or want) new glasses we can book a styling appointment
- If you need contact lenses we can phone triage them (as we did in the first lockdown) and book you in for a contact lens check in around 2 weeks time
- You can come into the Practice for repairs and replacements
- If you already have an Ortho K or specialist contact lenses fitting appointment this will continue as arranged
- If you are simply due for a routine eye test (and have no problems with your eyes or your eyewear) we are advising that you defer this routine test for a couple of weeks – unless you fall into one of the above categories.
We continue to prioritise your safety, and that of our staff, with appropriate social distancing and sanitisation measures in the Practice. After the initial lockdown in March 2020, we implemented new eye examination equipment; new operating procedures (including a new patient journey) and have the appropriate PPE to enable us to provide our usual high levels of care in a safe environment.
If you already have a pre booked appointment arranged it will go ahead as planned. Please remember that we offer online / virtual eye care and glasses styling consultations. You are also able to purchase eyewear; contact lenses and solutions in practice or via our website.