Remote & Online Services
We have implemented remote & online services to make it easier for us to provide you with eye care solutions including a new Webstore and Virtual Consultation capabilities. These support our new patient journey by allowing you to do many of the things from home which you would otherwise need to do in the practice.
Our Webstore allows you to:
- Browse 6 of our most popular ranges of designer frames and sunglasses
- Use a virtual try on facility to see how a small (but growing) number of our Maui Jim sunglasses and Silhouette frames look on you – two of our most popular ranges
- Decide on a number of frames you would like to try on at the Practice during a styling consultation
- If you are happy with your current prescription you can choose the single vision lenses you would like and then purchase a complete pair of spectacles which you can ‘click and collect’ at the Practice or have posted to you
- Buy further supplies of Contact Lenses which you can ‘click and collect’ at the Practice or have posted to you.
Our Virtual Consultation capability enables you to have a secure video conference call remotely with one of our Optometrists or Dispensing Opticians from the comfort of your own home.
If you have a concern about your eye health a video call with an Optometrist will enable them to assess:
- If you need to be seen in person at the Practice
- Whether you need to be seen as an emergency by the Eye Hospital; or
- (Hopefully) that there is no immediate need for any intervention.
At an initial Styling Consultation video call or online chat with a Dispenser they can:
- Help you choose from spectacles or sunglasses available through our Webstore
- Suggest frames and help you choose ones which you can try on in person at the Practice
- Advise on the most suitable lenses for your lifestyle needs – single vision; varifocals; occupational (e.g. computer lenses or ones specifically for driving) etc.